Youth Mentoring & Empowerment Program
Each Child Is Unique And Is Meant To Thrive
Our student mentoring program is designed to help adolescent and teenage girls and boys understand how to develop the skills and habits to discover their unique talents, realize their full potential and enjoy their best health and success in all areas of their life. Our objective is to help them feel their best physically and emotionally as they move through high school and college.
Each child is unique and special. We work with each person to understand what motivates them, what limits them, how they see themselves in their family and community and what they want for themselves academically, socially, physically and emotionally.
- Specific tools and strategies will be created for your child that will help them achieve success in all areas of their life.
- Topics such as integrity, potential, emotional intelligence, study habits, food as fuel, focus, time management, alignment with values, visioning, bullying, social pressures, self-confidence, self-image and purpose are highlighted.
- They will understand who they are, who they want to be, and how to navigate that gap physically, emotionally and socially.
- They will have a safe place to discuss their concerns, ask questions, and be treated with respect.
- They will have the opportunity to develop self-confidence, trust, how to lead authentically from within, and develop strong relationships and a clear communication style.
Health History Assessment
In an effort to know your child and determine if the mentoring program is the best next step for them, your child will be asked to complete a health history assessment prior to the initial consultation. The assessment lists:
- Health concerns, social challenges
- Medications they are taking
- What they would like to accomplish through the program
The consultation is approximately 45 minutes and is held with Ellen Palmer. We use this time to look at the big pictures, get to know each other and determine if working together would be helpful.
If so, together we decide the frequency and number of sessions we’ll have together. Typically, students meet with Ellen at least twice per month for one hour.
Each student receives a binder to keep his or her materials, assignments and inspirations in which gets added to each session.
Students should continue taking any medications that have been prescribed for them and should maintain a consistent relationship with their physician during their mentoring program if applicable.
Throughout the mentoring program, any of the following additional services may be recommended:
- Food sensitivity testing: to identify what foods could be causing day to day concerns such as: low immunity, low energy, weight gain, headaches, depression, anxiety, and hormone imbalance.
- Supplements to compensate for any imbalances or inadequacies that could be causing day-to-day symptoms. Supplements are used to compliment the body’s natural ability to assimilate nutrients and vitamins from organic foods. They are not used in place of foods.
- Metabolic testing and pH testing as needed to help people achieve optimal metabolism, digestion and to control inflammation in the body.
- Reconnective healing provides a powerful physical and emotional healing designed to reconnect people with purpose and the universe through frequencies of energy, light and information. Reconnective healing is for anyone of any age, is deeply relaxing and a wonderful compliment to any of our services and coaching along the wellness journey.
The cost of the program is determined based on the number of sessions and their frequency. The mentoring program is not covered by insurance but is oftentimes submitted to a client’s Health Savings Account for reimbursement by the client.
How to Get Started
To get started contact us through the site or call (860) 655-1382. Ellen and her team look forward to talking with you and helping you determine if the Student Mentoring Program is a great next step for your son or daughter!