8 Most Powerful Simple Solutions
- Choose: The best thing you can do to have anything is to choose it. Literally you are creating your life with every choice that you make. Example: If you want to be thin, choose foods and activities that help you be thin.
- Let Real Food Be Thy Medicine: The body is brilliant and is designed to stay strong and healthy when it gets real food. Boxed “frankinfood” is toxic and destroys your mood, your motivation, energy, concentration, your waste-line and your body. Eat mostly plants, some meats, fish, whole grains not multi-grains, some fruit mostly berries, nuts and seeds, healthy fats like coconut, pumpkin, avocado, olives (oil), etc.
- Reduce Inflammation with Omega 3 Fatty Acids in Fish or Flax Oil: Inflammation is believed to be the root cause of almost every disease including heart disease and cancer. It’s caused by too much fat, sugar, and protein in your diet, constant dehydration, consumption of too many sodas or caffeine, inactivity, lack of sleep, and too much stress.
- Reduce Oxidative Stress and Free Radical Damage with Fruits and Vegetables (Antioxidants): Free radicals are cells that are missing a molecule that go around damaging DNA of other cells which then are replicated. Oxidation and oxidative stress occurs naturally when cells interact with oxygen on skin and through exercise and breathing. Powerful antioxidants are found in fruits and vegetables. Juice Plus is whole food fruits and vegetables in a capsule ~it’s not a supplement (supplements contain fractionated antioxidants)
- Water, Water Everywhere: Drinking half your body weight in ounces per day (200lbs should drink 100 ounces) will keep you energized, flush fat, remove toxins, curb cravings, keep you regular, keep your eyes and mouth hydrated, oxygenates your blood, improves cell health and helps you maintain muscle tone.
- BINGE-Free Lifestyle Through Kindness and Appreciating the Present: Binging can cause us to be heavy and inflamed. Take the time to be kind to yourself and be fully present in the things that you eat, drink, and how you talk to yourself. Self-hatred is one of the main causes of binge eating & drinking (punishment/shame). Use affirmations to lose the idea of being perfect and accept what is without judgment.
- Sleep Your Way Thin: Most people don’t know why they are gaining weight when they are eating right and exercising regularly. Most likely the answer lies in their sleep patterns. First, your body will produce two hormones when you are sleep deprived ~ ghrelin and Leptin. Ghrelin tells you to eat and you produce more of this and Leptin tells you when to stop eating and unfortunately, you produce less of this. If you are getting fewer than 7-8 hours, notice your cravings for simple sugars like muffins, bagels, etc. Also, when you are tired, you are more likely to fuel with intense foods like caffeine for the burst of energy which then causes you to crash. If you are tired, you also lose your motivation to work out ~ a viscous cycle. So get some zzzzzs!
- Breathing for Energy: In Ayurveda (ancient Indian medicine) fatigue meant “low digestive fire”. In other words, the digestive tract doesn’t have the energy to break down and metabolize food. While you can take digestive enzymes that will help (as I often recommend), you can also do a breathing exercise where you breath in 20-30 times slowly in a row, pulling your stomach in each time and then push your stomach out as you are exhaling slowly each time. You can also do another breathing technique where you inhale/exhale rapidly through your nose for 30 seconds which oxygenates your blood. Either way, you won’t need to reach for the caffeine to get a jolt of energy! Colors for Energy: Orange, yellow and red are warming, energizing colors and scents/tastes. Try adding lemon or orange to your water to give you a boost or simply put them in a bowl near you.